Access to state-of-the-art and traditional tools at LIU Brooklyn’s Media Arts program facilitates your creative growth and gives you hands-on experience using everything you’ll need as a creator. Professional technicians and facility managers are on hand to support individual student needs and to lead training sessions and workshops for students and faculty.
Available tools and equipment include 3D printers, laser cutters, and CNC routers; traditional and advanced milling equipment; high-speed plotters; printmaking equipment for all media; woodworking, metalworking, sewing, and textile production areas; rapid prototyping labs; wet lab and work area; digital imaging; audio; and production gear. Photo studios and equipment checkout areas are also accessible, along with fabrication and modeling shops, a lighting simulation lab, a video “green room,” and our new Innovation Lab, which engages your imagination in a range of media.
In addition to the resources available to students across Parsons, individual programs provide specialized facilities and services that provide optimal conditions for learning.
- TV Studio / Soundstage & Control Room (LLC 014/LLC015)
- Alumni Screening Room (LLC 116)
- Spike Lee Theater (LLC 122)
- Computer Arts, PC Animation Lab (LLC 123 A&B)
- Video Editing Mac Labs (HC 221)
- 5-HD video editing Suit (HC Bays 1-5)
- Photography Studio (LLC 001)
- Photography Darkrooms and Wet Lab (LLC 240)
- MFA in Writing and Producing for Television, Steiner Studio Cyber-classroom and Video Conferencing Facility
- Digital Audio Mac and ProTools Labs:
• Studio A (LLC 016)
• Studio B (LLC 018)
• Studio C (LLC 005)
• Live Room (LLC 019)
• ISO Booth (LLC 004)